The Australian Technology Showcase
What is it?
The Australian Technology Showcase (ATS) is a national networking program aimed at promoting and developing export markets for innovative technology based products. State government departments in Victoria, Queensland and New South Wales manage the program, with a goal of encouraging exports and increasing employment.
Membership of the ATS is for three years and offers many benefits. Member technologies are promoted through the ATS website and newsletter and members are able to use the Australian Technology Showcase logo. Member businesses also have access to industry networking opportunities, seminars and expos, as well as the support of a dedicated Business Development Manager. As the program is run in a number of different states, there are a few state-specific benefits. These include:
The ATS Export Support Grant- NSW of up to $20,000 over three years for approved export purposes and participation in NSW Department of State and Regional Development international trade missions and market visits.
Access to funding for attendance at ATS designated national and international trade events granted on a competitive basis and assistance through Queensland Government Trade and Investment offices
ATS Export Support Grant- Victoria of up to $4000 per eligible activity
For information on other state-specific benefits, please contact us.
Is your business eligible for membership?
- Do you have an innovative, Australian technology that has global marketing potential?
- Is your business less than five years old?
- Do you have an annual turnover of less than $10 million per year?
- Is the controlling ownership resident in Australia (for individuals) or are registered in Australia (for corporations)?
- Do you own the technologies’ intellectual property or have exclusive worldwide rights to commercialise the property?
- Is your technology clearly innovative?
- Is your technology scientifically credible?
- Did your technology arise from significant local content?
- Does your technology have commercial appeal?
- Does your technology have marketable and exportable potential?
- Does your technology have social and environmental benefits?
- It can provide a great deal of assistance in your efforts to break into overseas markets
- There is the opportunity for networking with other exporters and government departments who aim to assist export efforts.
- The potential disadvantages are relatively minor for this grant.
- This is a competitive grant and there is no guarantee that an application will be successful.
- It may take up to 8 hours to complete.
What do you do next?
GSA can manage the whole process to help ensure that your technology is given the place it deserves on the Australian Technology Showcase. Our consultants will help you get the most out of your membership by identifying if your business is eligible for any of the state-specific grant programs. We will then assist in the preparation and submission of the applications for these grants. Our expertise spans consultancy in Government grants such as R&D Tax Concessions and Offsets, Climate Ready and many others. We can identify whether it is in your interest to apply for ATS membership, and also whether you are eligible for any of these other grants.
Contact GSA today on (M) 0418 281 870 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss whether your business should become a member of ATS as well as your eligibility for government grants and tax concessions. We look forward to helping you grow your business by accessing all of the government financial benefits to which your business is entitled.