Green Building Fund
What is it?
The Green Building Fund is an initiative set up by the Australian Government, which aims to reduce green house gas emissions that come as a result of Australia’s built environment. They do this through two streams of grants that help applicants reduce the energy consumed in the operation of commercial office buildings.
For information on other state-specific benefits, please contact us.
Are you eligible?
Green Building Fund grants are available to companies through two streams:
- Stream A– targets owners of existing commercial office buildings by retrofitting and retro-commissioning these buildings. Grants ranging from $50,000 to $500,000 are available, for up to 50% of project costs. Eligible stream A projects could include:
– common area lighting
– heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC) systems
– the building fabric
– improving the energy efficiency of the building through installation of monitoring
– equipment, building automation systems and control systems.
- Stream B– targets relevant industry associations. It will provide a limited number of grants to develop the knowledge, skills or capability of those involved in the operation of commercial office buildings, to improve energy efficiency and reduce emissions. Grants of up to $200,000 are available, for up to 50% of project costs. Eligible projects could include:
– training in specific disciplines, such as HVAC systems, lighting controls, energy monitoring and smart metering
– projects to document learning about energy efficiency in office buildings.
It can provide a great deal of assistance to you if you are planning on lowering the carbon footprint of your building.
This is a competitive grant and a considerable amount of time and expense is required to submit a professional looking, well argued submission.
What do you do next?
Make sure you are not missing out on this fantastic opportunity to help lower Australia’s carbon footprint. The Green Building Fund operates over 5 years and will provide $90 million in grants to eligible companies, however funds are limited. As these merit-based grants are such valuable sources of funding they are highly competitive. To maximise your chance of success, contact the experienced and highly focused professionals at Grants Spectrum Australia. We will take the confusion and hassle out of the application process and ensure that you have the best shot at securing one of these valuable grants for your company.
Contact us to discuss in general terms, how well your business matches the eligibility criteria. Contact GSA today on (M) 0418 281 870 or by email at email@example.com for an initial consultation at no cost or obligation. We look forward to helping you grow your business by accessing all of the government financial benefits to which your business is entitled.